Cohen & Company
Certified Public Accountants
At Cohen & Company, our purpose is to engage, teach, inspire and improve lives through the power of knowledge and trust. We value great people, teamwork, a competitive spirit and courage, and the ability to adapt and remain optimistic.
Named one of the fastest growing private companies in the country, Cohen & Company offers assurance, tax and advisory services to clients throughout the U.S. and worldwide. The firm serves a broad range of clients, from privately held companies and their owners; to private equity firms and their portfolio companies; to public and private funds, advisers and fund service providers within the investment industry; to Fortune 1000 multinational enterprises. Cohen & Company was founded in 1977 and has more than 650 associates in Illinois, Ohio, Maryland, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Learn more at cohencpa.com. Member Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
Our Advisory Services Division focuses on Management Consulting, Business Valuation, M&A Advisory, and Transaction Services. Our Management Consulting Practice collaborates with business owners and company leadership to optimize the performance of the enterprise. We help our clients develop thoughtful plans and then work with their team to deliver on the objectives. Rather than a one-off project, we view consulting as a long-term relationship to help our clients be successful.
We are very excited about our growth opportunities and are seeking an individual at the Senior Manager level with experience in Private Equity and an entrepreneurial energy and commitment to client service to join our Management Consulting team! We are open to this position being in any of the following markets: Cleveland, Akron, or Youngstown, OH; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Baltimore, MD; Pittsburgh, PA; Milwaukee, WI.
Looking for previous experiences in the following areas:
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Accounting or Finance for a Private Equity Firm or 5 years of experience at a public accounting firm supporting Private Equity fund raising, due diligence, valuation modeling, fund accounting, and/or investor reporting
• Experience with Project management tools and methodologies
• Experience developing and delivering Presentations, process mapping, and business case modeling
• Experience with data modeling and experience developing operational analytics and KPI reports
• Experience leveraging technology to drive business transformation
Looking for someone who has the ability to:
• Understand Private Equity management objectives and reporting process to direct the design and development of integrated reporting solutions
• Maintain a personal, strategic relationship with clients and serve as the key individual when it comes to managing client expectations, retention and dispensing high-level advisory services.
• Confidently and effectively manage engagements, resources, people, and client expectations to achieve the results required to maintain profitable and lasting client relationships
• Deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders and clients
• Contribute to sales efforts by serving as Sales Lead on project opportunities with new clients
Learn more about us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and background to build an inclusive and energized culture and better meet the needs of our clients.